Re: Viper Venom & Subaru

From: ZXiMan@aol.com
Date: Mon May 03 1999 - 20:02:20 EDT

Paul,

         They thought about importing the WRX STi type R. Price would be
around $35,000 if they didn't have to crash test it. Add another $7000-$8000
if they crash test it. Still much more money to buy the imported version v.s.
converting a US spec N/A version. And uhhh, the steering wheels on the right
side. You'll *see* more Vipers than you will Impreza 2.5RS's running around.
Oh yeah, one other thing. The Impreza WRX STi V.5 22B is only around $40,000
in Japan (if you converted the Yen to Dollars). It can out-accelerate a stock
Viper too. I hate it that we can't get cars over here like the Mitsubishi
Lancer Evolution 5, Subaru WRXs, Nissan Skylines and the like.

James Crone
Performance Engineering
940-321-5865