Viper Venom & Subaru

From: P. Phelps (pap20@juno.com)
Date: Mon May 03 1999 - 21:43:55 EDT

>They thought about importing the WRX STi type R. Price would be
>around $35,000 if they didn't have to crash test it. Add another
$7000-$8000
>if they crash test it. Still much more money to buy the imported version
v.s.
>converting a US spec N/A version. And uhhh, the steering wheels on the
right
>side. You'll *see* more Vipers than you will Impreza 2.5RS's running
around.
>Oh yeah, one other thing. The Impreza WRX STi V.5 22B is only around
$40,000
>in Japan (if you converted the Yen to Dollars). It can out-accelerate a
stock
>Viper too. I hate it that we can't get cars over here like the
Mitsubishi
>Lancer Evolution 5, Subaru WRXs, Nissan Skylines and the like.

James-

Yeah, it's cheaper to make one yourself rather than importing it ( I
dunno about being able to change the steering wheel config). Just wanted
to let all of the millionaires <grin> on the list know that it is
possible to import pretty much anything you want if you have the green!
heheh I'd love a Skyline, but with the death of the Supra, RX7, 300ZX,
etc, we'll never see them here. :( Besides, Nissan is in deep trouble
(now owned by Renault.. the one to watch??) and their latest Z car is a
4-banger (albiet somewhat potent).

But, I'll be content with my new R/T which just rolled off the assembly
line and arrived at the dealer with 1 mile on the odo. Get to pick it up
on Thursday... YEEEHAAAAA!!!

Paul
or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]