Re: RE: header bolt is broken and new rental car

From: Jon Steiger (stei0302@cs.fredonia.edu)
Date: Tue May 04 1999 - 04:29:37 EDT

At 01:22 AM 5/4/99 , you wrote:
>Just a question, is the dealer picking up the tab for the rental car? I
>recall you also saying your a teen as I am(but not for long). Do they
>actually rent to teenagers or did your parents have to sign. I remember one
>Co. that would rent to anyone under 25(most wont), but can't remember if it
>was Enterprise. But they would not let kids rent trucks for some odd reason.
>:)

  Don'cha love that??? :-P

  I think it is Enterprise that will rent to you if you're under 25, but
most don't. (I'll be able to rent anywhere later this year.) ;-) Its
pretty stupid... at 18, you can vote, get married, be sentenced to death
for a crime, enlist in the armed forces where you operate dangerous
equipment and carry firearms, but you can't rent a piece of junk Escort or
a Geo Metro. :-P

   I took my VR-4 in for service one morning. I had to get to a class
right away, so called ahead beforehand and asked if getting a rental was
going to be a problem and they said no. I'm in the waiting room, and a
lady from the rental place showed up and asked to see my license. She
looked at it and said they couldn't rent to me because I was too young.
Boy was I ticked! I drive into the dealership in an immaculate 40 thousand
dollar car, and they won't rent me a piece of crap for a few hours so I can
get to class??? I suggested to the dealer that maybe I could go on an
"extended test drive" with one of their used cars, but they wouldn't go for
it. I had the dealer pull my car out of the service bay immediately and
went to class. (Still got there late.) :-P

                                               -Jon-