re:R/T owners-loss of tow capacity-Group buy Airbags

From: Dak99RT@aol.com
Date: Wed May 05 1999 - 12:30:37 EDT

(snip)
- - -OK guys (and girls) It's time for a group buy on Firestone
Airbags!! The $300 Gene
states is more than enough to cover the cost of a basic airbag setup.
If we can get
a significant amount of people to buy, I can get the Sport-Rite kit
(produced especially for
LOWERED vehicles-read "R/T") to you for $200 plus shipping, instead of
the $225 that
I've sold the kit to many people on the DML for. If you are interested,
e-mail me at
shetland@erols.com
(unsnip)

Am I missing something here? If dodge lowered the towing capacity of the R/T
to 2000 pounds... (which they did, I called) That is all you will able to tow
by law... 2000 pounds, regardless of how many helper springs or air bags you
install. What will happen, is they will release the new towing capacities to
the government and your state registration will only give you window stickers
indicating that the R/T can only tow 2000 pounds. If you get pulled over
towing something heavier than that... you will get a ticket and fined. The
only way around this is for Dodge to release a "Heavy Duty spring/shock
package that will ruin the R/Ts handling. Dodge just crippled the R/T without
batting an eyelash and we R/T owners must now "pay" the consequences.

Thinking about selling my R/T before the word gets out and my R/Ts resale
value plummets.
Charles