Re: OCTANE.....

From: Asautt@aol.com
Date: Thu May 06 1999 - 21:23:56 EDT

Why don't you want to change the thermostat? Reasion I ask is this..... My
318 Auto has started pinging quite a bit. I thought it strange that some
times it pings at the slightest increase in load... sometimes it will
'"grunt" up a pretty steep hill without pinging. Today i finally pinned down
a common denominator - When the temp guage is at it's highest point (just
before thermostat opens) it pings like a handful of rocks in a beer can.
When the temp guage is at it's lowest point ( thermostat just closed) I can't
force a ping out of it. I am picking up a 180 thermostat this weekend.

Chief