Re: Champion Truck plugs :)

From: Jason Yates (j_hurricane_y@yahoo.com)
Date: Mon May 10 1999 - 12:16:54 EDT

I just put my Truck plugs in yesterday and my knuckles
certainly show it. Needless to say, I definitely invented
some new word combinations. I think the biggest pain was
getting the damn wires to come off the plugs--I thought I
was going to end up yank'n the plug and all out with how
hard I had to pull. I mean, I actually climbed up on top
of the engine bay to getter some better leverage. I was
sure glad I had a good set of socket extensions--they were
invaluable, let me tell you; that spark plug torque gorilla
on the assembly line certainly went to town on my plugs.
Anyway, the biggest change I noticed was this morning when
the rough idle I usually get upon startup was gone. That
made it worth it right there IMHO. I'll see if there's any
change in the mileage. Oh, I got mine at a brand new
Checker Auto Parts and they actually had 'em in stock.

JY
'98 5.2 4x4 5pd w/17K - no engine mods . . . yet ;)