Re: MPI Intake is here!

From: N2mopars@aol.com
Date: Mon May 10 1999 - 23:45:00 EDT

In a message dated 5/10/99 8:35:46 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
stei0302@cs.fredonia.edu writes:

<< The thermostat housing seems to be different. It looks bigger, but I
 guess that could be my immagination. There is a threaded port coming out
 the front of the thermostat housing, two slightly smaller ones on each
 side, and a smaller one still on the passenger side of the intake. (I'm
 almost positive the small one is for the coolant temp sensor, and I'm
 guessing that one of the medium sized ones is for the heater hose, but I'm
 completely baffled on the other two.

  The Threaded port coming out front goes to water pump, small ones are for
temp senders. Medium for heater hose. plug off what you dont use. There is
no EGR on a 96, so dont worry about that. The port on the back of the intake
plenum is for power brake hose or PCV, or both. You will probably have to
drill a couple holes and screw some fittings in the manifold top or adaptor
to run the vacuum hoses. the hose to the "ball" is cruise control. the one
into the firewall runs all your heater controls. If you can, can you measure
the opening on top of the manifold for me?? Thanks! Also, take some pics of
the manifold and adaptor, and send them to me and the list! I am gonna have
my father make an adaptor, and I want to know what it should look like!
Thanks!

Brad