Need assistance with power steering problem...

From: Christopher Reck (creck@ais.net)
Date: Tue May 11 1999 - 21:04:36 EDT

I need some help with this one.

I have a 99 Sport CC 4x4 3.9L and from day one, noticed a groaning sound
whenever I turn. I took it to the dealership and they told me that this is
a known problem on the Stratus's but he never heard of the problem on the
Daks. The fix for the Stratus was to replace the power steering fluid with
one that is more "durable".

I found out that my truck already has this replacement. It has not fix the
problem according to the dealer. They submitted the problem to Chrysler and
they are "researching this". I have to now call back to the dealer every so
often to check and see if there is a solution.

Has anyone else encountered this problem? What was done to fix it? If a
dealer fixed it, can I use you as a reference to have my problem fixed?

Thanks!

Chris
'99 Dakota Sport + CC 4x4 Amethyst