Re: Re: Attn EFI M1 users! Need help with my MPI!!!

From: Jon Steiger (stei0302@cs.fredonia.edu)
Date: Wed May 12 1999 - 14:28:00 EDT

At 11:38 AM 5/12/99 , you wrote:
[...]
>>Jon,
>
>Calm down. You know MP doesn't know anything. The little trick I did was to

  Well, I do now... :-)

>go to the junkyard and find a ford econoline van a mid 80s model I believe.
>Take off the vacuum tree that's located inside the cab(remember most of the
>engine is inside anyway). This directly screws into the port in the back of
>the plenum. No cutting or drilling and looks factory. I believe it gives you
>5 ports to use. I had to block one off. Churches use these vans so I found a
>ton of them to use. They all had these trees. I simply took the one that
>looked the best. The thermostat housing is the larger, older one. I bought
>this type at a autozone-no big deal and hooked it up to my stock hose which
>I did have to cut slightly. The EGR is simply blocked off. Fab a small piece
>of metal to go over the oval shaped passage on the header. No check engine
>light!
>Tom

    Ahh! Some solid information there! Thanks!! :-) That Ford tree
sounds like it might be the answer to a lot of problems. What items do you
have hooked up to it? As far as I can tell, the stuff that needs to be
hooked up on my engine would be the brake vaccum line, the PCV hose running
to the right valve cover, and another vaccum line for the cruise control.

   As far as the thermostat goes, I assume I just need to get one for an LA
318? Most parts stores list them by make and model though. Anyone know of
a vehicle and engine combination that would use the older t-stat? (I don't
know much about the classic mopars...)

                                               -Jon-