Re: I GOT A REPLY via E-Mail from DC!!!

From: Mike D. (miggitymike@juno.com)
Date: Wed May 12 1999 - 15:09:33 EDT

I dunno, call it blasphemy, but if I had an R/T, I wouldn't tow anythin!
I mean, the lowered rear suspension doesn't lend itself to towing
anyway... Dodge should sell the R/T witha roll pan and tell consumers
that it is not meant for towing. IMHO, it's like bying a camaro or stang
to tow with. Anyway, go Jack!!

-mike d.

 88, 6er, LE, 3.55, Slush-o-matic, headers, blowmaster, TekStyle Tonneau,
and more.
http://www.geocities.com/MotorCity/Pit/1133 <or>
http://members.xoom.com/dakotaperf
miggitymike@juno.com
         "It's not a 'little V6', it's just cylindrically challenged"
                                 - ooV6

On Tue, 11 May 1999 09:51:57 -0400 HEMI@charter.net writes:

>Well , after being depressed about the whole R/T towing issue again
>last
>night ,I sent my e-mail to the DC Execs a total of ten times in a row
>last
>night (hehe) and I finally shook someone a little .
>
>Just enough to get a response , even though it doesn't say much .

>>From: ca17@daimlerchrysler.com
>>To: "W. Jack Hilton III" <HEMI@charter.net>
>>Date: Tue, 11 May 1999 09:05:34 -0400
>>Subject: Re: DERATING OF TOWING CAPACITY OF THE DAKOTA R/T
>>
>>Mr. Hilton:
>>
>>I understand your concerns and I can appreciate your message once --
>even
>>twice... but to send it dozens of times really accomplishes nothing.
>I have
>>forwarded it to the appropriate people, and I think you will find you
>WILL
>get a
>>response is a reasonable amount of time!
>>
>>Good Luck!
>>
>>Chris
>>

>>"W. Jack Hilton III" <HEMI@charter.net> on 05/10/99 10:13:42 PM
>>

>> To: dms19@daimlerchrysler.com, an8@daimlerchrysler.com,
>> rmm8@daimlerchrysler.com, nm7@daimlerchrysler.com,
>> ca17@daimlerchrysler.com, mg42@daimlerchrysler.com,
>> bcm1@daimlerchrysler.com,
>> jlc17@daimlerchrysler.com,
>> mar24@daimlerchrysler.com, dte@daimlerchrysler.com,
>> rsd2@daimlerchrysler.com, mw68@daimlerchrysler.com,
>> mkc2@daimlerchrysler.com, mfa@daimlerchrysler.com,
>> djc29an8@daimlerchrysler.com
>>
>> cc:
>>

>> Subject: DERATING OF TOWING CAPACITY OF THE DAKOTA R/T
>>

>>This email concerns the derating of the towing capacity of the 1998
>>Dakota R/T's.
>> I'm sending it to the above multiple recipients due to this problem
>>affecting the departments of: Advertising (FALSE AND MISLEADING
>>ADVERTISING), Media and Public Relations (again FALSE ADVERTISING AND
>BAD
>>PUBLIC RELATIONS), and Legal (This appears to have "CLASS ACTION
>LAWSUIT"
>>written all over it). I will also keep remailing this to all above
>parties
>>until I receive a satisfactory response, which I believe is due me as
>>customer. I also may have to email this to the German headquarters
>to see
>>if they know what type of company they merged with. I realize that
>you
>>could filter out my continual emails, but I would hope that someone
>could
>>respond in a satisfactory manner before it gets to this point.
>>
>>Problem Statement:
>>
>>The 1999 Dodge Dakota R/T is now rated for towing at a maximum of
>2000lbs,
>>the 1998 Dakota R/T (like mine) was rated when sold rated
>>for 6700 lbs. I have heard that a letter will be sent out to owners
>of
> [...]

or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]