I GOT A REPLY via E-Mail from DC!!!

From: HEMI@charter.net
Date: Tue May 11 1999 - 09:51:57 EDT

Well , after being depressed about the whole R/T towing issue again last
night ,I sent my e-mail to the DC Execs a total of ten times in a row last
night (hehe) and I finally shook someone a little .

Just enough to get a response , even though it doesn't say much .

>From: ca17@daimlerchrysler.com
>To: "W. Jack Hilton III" <HEMI@charter.net>
>Date: Tue, 11 May 1999 09:05:34 -0400
>Subject: Re: DERATING OF TOWING CAPACITY OF THE DAKOTA R/T
>
>Mr. Hilton:
>
>I understand your concerns and I can appreciate your message once -- even
>twice... but to send it dozens of times really accomplishes nothing. I have
>forwarded it to the appropriate people, and I think you will find you WILL
get a
>response is a reasonable amount of time!
>
>Good Luck!
>
>Chris
>

>"W. Jack Hilton III" <HEMI@charter.net> on 05/10/99 10:13:42 PM
>

> To: dms19@daimlerchrysler.com, an8@daimlerchrysler.com,
> rmm8@daimlerchrysler.com, nm7@daimlerchrysler.com,
> ca17@daimlerchrysler.com, mg42@daimlerchrysler.com,
> bcm1@daimlerchrysler.com,
> jlc17@daimlerchrysler.com,
> mar24@daimlerchrysler.com, dte@daimlerchrysler.com,
> rsd2@daimlerchrysler.com, mw68@daimlerchrysler.com,
> mkc2@daimlerchrysler.com, mfa@daimlerchrysler.com,
> djc29an8@daimlerchrysler.com
>
> cc:
>

> Subject: DERATING OF TOWING CAPACITY OF THE DAKOTA R/T
>

>This email concerns the derating of the towing capacity of the 1998
>Dakota R/T's.
> I'm sending it to the above multiple recipients due to this problem
>affecting the departments of: Advertising (FALSE AND MISLEADING
>ADVERTISING), Media and Public Relations (again FALSE ADVERTISING AND BAD
>PUBLIC RELATIONS), and Legal (This appears to have "CLASS ACTION LAWSUIT"
>written all over it). I will also keep remailing this to all above parties
>until I receive a satisfactory response, which I believe is due me as a
>customer. I also may have to email this to the German headquarters to see
>if they know what type of company they merged with. I realize that you
>could filter out my continual emails, but I would hope that someone could
>respond in a satisfactory manner before it gets to this point.
>
>Problem Statement:
>
>The 1999 Dodge Dakota R/T is now rated for towing at a maximum of 2000lbs,
>the 1998 Dakota R/T (like mine) was rated when sold rated
>for 6700 lbs. I have heard that a letter will be sent out to owners of
>Dakota R/Ts derating their towing capacity to 2000 lbs, and also that
>owners with the towing package option will be refunded the $300 price of
>this option since it is useless for this downrated capacity.
>
>I called customer service number and they confirmed that Dodge Dakota R/T
>owners will be mailed a letter explaining the derating of the towing . They
>also said that a mistake was made in the advertising and the literature. I
>would call this a BIG MISTAKE. The Dakota advertisement on TV shows a
>Dakota R/T going around a merry-go-round
>while saying "put away the toys". If the Dakota R/T cannot tow more than
>2000lbs, IT IS A TOY and should not be used in this advertisement. I
> [...]

Jack Hilton III

Black 1998 Dodge Dakota R/T Club Cab

Charter Pipeline......the Next Wave.....

HEMI@charter.net

http://webpages.charter.net/hemi/jbd1.html