Winch bumper (was Lockers used with a manual trans)

From: Jason Bleazard (jbleazard@home.com)
Date: Thu May 13 1999 - 06:46:51 EDT

No, haven't been able to come up with the cash for the winch. Since then,
I've taken a closer look at that bumper and I've almost decided that I don't
care for how low it places the winch. After our first trail ride with the
local 4x4 club, I've realized that Ontario has a lot of deep mud, and the
winch is going to collect muck like crazy (I'm from Utah, the only thing to
worry about there is bashing it against a rock). Now I'm debating whether
to get that bumper or a Ramsey grille guard that puts the winch up in front
of the grille.

I'll be sure to post updates when I finally make up my mind.

Jason Bleazard jbleazard@home.com Toronto, Ontario
current: '95 Dakota Sport white 4x4 Reg. Cab V6/3.9L/5spd
current: '98 Dakota Sport black 4x4 Club Cab V8/5.2L/Auto
RIP: '95 Dakota Sport black 4x2 Club Cab V6/3.9L/Auto