Pre Magnum V6 performance mods

From: Sean Day (sday@auracom.com)
Date: Thu May 13 1999 - 10:13:47 EDT

Hmm, I'll try something a little simpler this time.

A muffler shop guy told me that Daks don't run well with a freer flowing
exhaust system as the computer is set for a pre-determined amount of back
pressure.

The service guy and mechanic at the local dodge store thought otherwise. If
I do take this route, is there some other mod required for the free flow
exhaust to be effective?

TIA
Sean

If interested, see below for my previous, mostly neglected querie. (Thanks
Aaron, for responding)

Hi all.

I recently purchased a late 88 Dak (and consequently joined this list) with
the throttle body V6 and 5 spd. For such a light truck with reasonably
large motor, it seems quite sluggish. Was thinking about a few mods, namely:
  - dynamax the pee shooter exhaust
  - K&N air filter
  - Remove Catalyst and air pump (legal in Canada for pre 91's)
  - remove the very noisy cooling fan and install electric fan.

As this is meant primarily as a weekend project truck, the budget is
limited, but any comments, concerns or other mods I might consider would be
enthusiastically received.

T.I.A.
Sean