MPI Intake "vaccum tree" (attn Tom Moffat)

From: Jon Steiger (stei0302@cs.fredonia.edu)
Date: Thu May 13 1999 - 14:39:34 EDT

  Tom,

  You mentioned that you used a tree from the back of a Ford
econoline van engine to provide vaccum ports and such on your
modified M1. I was at Autozone today, so I figured while I was
there, I would see if they had anything. What the guy showed me
were "ported vaccum switches". They looked like what you were
describing except that they only open up above a certain temperature.
Is this what you're using? If so, are you using the temperature
part, or did you gut it out or something?

  Also, did you hook your brake vaccum line up to this fitting as
well? All of the ports I saw on 'em looked pretty small, and the
brake vaccum hose on my truck is fairly big by comparison.

  Thanks!!

                                              -Jon-