Re: MPI Intake "vaccum tree" (attn Tom Moffat)

From: TREMAIN LYNNE (bmbl-b1@home.com)
Date: Thu May 13 1999 - 14:18:00 EDT

Jon

The tree Tom is referring to is probably a dealer only, or wrecker item
as it doesn't wear out like the thermal vacuum switches do. If they
don't wear out the parts stores just won't stock them (no money in it).
If you go this route make sure the brake booster has a one way valve on
it if it doesn't have one already.

Dave Tremain
99 Solar Yellow Sport CC 4x4
64 Mercury short box Stepside 4x4

> Tom,
>
> You mentioned that you used a tree from the back of a Ford
> econoline van engine to provide vaccum ports and such on your
> modified M1. I was at Autozone today, so I figured while I was
> there, I would see if they had anything. What the guy showed me
> were "ported vaccum switches". They looked like what you were
> describing except that they only open up above a certain temperature.
> Is this what you're using? If so, are you using the temperature
> part, or did you gut it out or something?

  also, did you hook your brake vacuum line up to this fitting as