RE: RE: Power Outlet Cap

From: Chris Hindy (chindy@home.com)
Date: Thu May 13 1999 - 15:44:49 EDT

I believe that the cigar lighter outlet is just pressure fitted into the
dash panel. Gently prying around the edges will confirm this. If this is
the case, you could then simply pop this outlet out and install one of the
'auxilliary' types like the ones that are found in the left-side hole on
Dak's with the light package, or in the rear of the minivans.
Alternatively, if prying is not to your liking, the 1996 JA bodies
(Stratus/Cirrus/Breeze) had a non-tethered black cap that fits the cigar
lighter. It's prolly available from the dealer. . .

hope this helps
-ch