TOWING PROBLEM RESPONSE attn Craig

From: Rekker21@aol.com
Date: Thu May 13 1999 - 18:59:19 EDT

In a message dated 5/13/99 6:30:09 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
indycak@yahoo.com writes:

<< I read the post where
 some yo-yo spammed DC, then BRAGS about it. Common guys, grow up!

  Craig,
   I completely understand your post. But let me put this to ya. I work for
DC in the design office so I feel I can say a little about this even though I
dont own an R/T...yet. (Im thinking of selling my dak.) Anyway, This is
purely a screw up on our engineering, management and advertising dept. IN MY
OPINION. I cannot and do not admit responsibility on behalf of
DaimlerChrysler!!! My disclaimer on that!!
  This isnt about the "whinning" R/T owners. If you bought a vehicle that is
suppose to be able to tow 6400lbs, it should be able to tow that much
regardless if you or the guy next door intend on doing so. That is the
problem. Just because you dont want to tow anything with your R/T, fine, but
why slam some "yoyo" because he wants to tow his brand new garage all the way
from the builder to his house? That "yoyo" you refered to is a high class
individual that has contributed an incredible amount to the DML. Not some
whinning bafoon that cries about a mistake.
   So, Ill get off of my soap box and return to the garage, but in the mean
time lets all remember that we're all on this list to learn, love and better
our Dakotas. And if some people think its the right thing to do to "spam" DC
with pissed off email because they made a mistake that has changed the
outlook of their vehicle then so be it. All for one and one for all I say.
If you find a problem fix it, but lets not ream the other guy for doing the
same with a different problem! =0)
Eric
95 5.9 5 spd, centerforce clutch, march pulleys, K&N, 4.10 sg, moded intake,
tb and 1" tb riser, hipo comp, jba headers, borla true duals, 24# injectors,
Viper seats, ram air hood(in progress) runin high 13's with 50k on the 5.9
124k on the body all yours for under 6k!! Mold for the hood included along
with extra fuel rail, extra stock injectors, stock pulleys, extra 5.9 hipo
comp, trans just rebuilt with new clutch under 5k on it, 2 sets of extra
wheels, extra tb and stock manifold.
Im sure I forgot something!