Re: Re: MPI Intake "vaccum tree" (attn Tom Moffat)

From: N2mopars@aol.com
Date: Fri May 14 1999 - 19:46:59 EDT

In a message dated 5/14/99 2:30:38 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
tomm@datarecall.net writes:

<< The vacuum tree was had at a boneyard. They usually have a # of ford econo
 type vans there. They all had the vac. trees. I believe some have more
 branches than others(I think) It screwed in directly. The port at the end of
 the xmas tree was larger than the rest. I used this to run the brake
 booster.(no down sizing required) The pcv went to one of the other smaller
 ports.
  Thermostat: I bought the older, and larger housing from an LA motor and
 corresponding larger,older thermostat to match. Both of these parts were had
 at autozone.
    The tree was really an easy job. I was there a total of 15min. The guy
 didn't even charge me.
 Just remember it was inside the cab,don't look under the hood. You'll of
 course have to pull of the shell once your inside the cab. It was low and
 down near the floor (I think)
   Tom

Ford Rangers and Mazda b4000's with the 4.0 Ford motor also had these on the
intake manifold, near the master cylinder. Those are definetly plentiful in
wrecking yards!!!!!

Brad