Re: which headers to use on '93 5.2

From: WillTier@aol.com
Date: Sat May 15 1999 - 10:38:49 EDT

In a message dated 5/15/99 5:30:26 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
kspence@intermind.net writes:

<< I've seen docs for Doug Thorley, JBA and Mike Leech headers....any first
 hand accounts out there? What are you using, do you like them (fit,
 ease of install, overall mileage/power results), and how much did you
 pay?

 ...new '93 owner looking to perk up the V8 a bit...

 Thanks,
 Kevin >>

Kevin

I have a 93 CC and have the JBA headers. I got them on a group purchase
through the DML and Coated I think they were around $400. They went on pretty
easy and fit very good. I think there was a slight improvement but I think it
was due to another piece of the pie getting put into place as I have other
mods but I don't know how much or if any noticeable improvement at all you
would see by themselves. There are othe more cost effective gains to be had
before I would go this route. Cat back exhaust is a good choice and K&N air
cleaner element with better cool air cabapilities. (Ram air setups seem to
help quite a lot) .

Bill