RE: Bramalea Spring Fling

From: Jason Bleazard (jbleazard@home.com)
Date: Mon May 17 1999 - 22:57:57 EDT

Just wanted to chime in and express what a great time I had at the Mopar
Spring Fling yesterday. Thanks Bob for the great work organizing the DML
participation. And congrats to John and Eddie who walked away with the late
model truck awards.

> There were some mighty fine looking Dakotas (8) in the CONVOY of all
> colours and models.

No Daks from the first decade, though. Next time maybe we'll bring the '95
to represent that style.

> As lead truck in the convoy, I got to see
> an impressive sight in my mirrors as we circled out in single file
> from the mall and made our way to the meet.

We were the last Dak, and it was pretty impressive from where we were
sitting as well. The only one with a better view would have been Dave in
the Challenger behind us.

> One of the organizers
> told Dave that they were truly impressed with the sight as we made
> a 'semi-speed' turn into the gate. He expressed appreciation for our
> support.

I still think the guy in the minivan was a riot. We were turning left
(eastbound to northbound) and he was sitting in the left turn lane
(southbound to eastbound). In other words, we were turning directly in
front of him. By the time we got to him, he was grinning from ear to ear
and giving all of us a "thumbs up" signal. Must be one of the poor tortured
souls who secretly long to drive Dakotas but are forced against their will
to drive something "practical" (read: a small bus).

> Great conversations, great weather, great trucks ... the only thing
> missing was a 1/4-mile track.

That and a dirt track to stretch the 4x4 suspension. :-)

> Cayuga, next time, anyone?

When is it?

Jason Bleazard http://www.bleazard.net Toronto, Ontario
current: '95 Dakota Sport white 4x4 Reg. Cab V6/3.9L/5spd
current: '98 Dakota Sport black 4x4 Club Cab V8/5.2L/Auto
RIP: '95 Dakota Sport black 4x2 Club Cab V6/3.9L/Auto