Re: Dak R/T getting an awful spanking in the One Lap

From: Robert Howe (robbii@pacbell.net)
Date: Wed May 19 1999 - 06:17:52 EDT

I was just thinking the same thing, I'd have to see the track, (They have a
website?) but even a 454 Tahoe couldn't be much quicker than a Dak. These
have to be heavily modded vehicles to be pulling a :30 lead on a Dak. I too
have heard of sliding a Blazer type body over the suspension and engine of a
Corvette, I'm sure the Tahoe could be adapted even easier, It's the Ranger
that perplexes me, I haven't heard of a suspension mod good enough to pass
the R/T's suspension in handling, but I guess an adapted Stang suspension.
Maybe someone that has time should take a Dak body, slide it over the Viper
Chassis & Engine, (didn't I see this happen?) and see what happens. My
guess, they would have a little bit more of a competition with these
"trucks"

Robert Howe
'95 V6 4x4 5-Spd
Bone Stock. :(