Re: Filter wrenches

From: Dester243@aol.com
Date: Wed May 19 1999 - 17:03:18 EDT

In a message dated 5/19/99 2:40:05 PM Central Daylight Time,
Shaun.Hendricks@bergenbrunswig.com writes:

<< Tried that kind (had 2 that I threw out) but they just slipped on the
filter
 even though they were the right size. By the time they got enough loading on
 them to apply torque, there was no room to move them. I ended up buying an
 "articulated" ring wrench. It's like a band wrench but it's a hard ring with
 joints. It has teeth on the inside of the ring and it doesn't adjust much
 (you have to buy the right size as each wrench only fits a couple of filter
 sizes). I got the one for my filters and zip! It worked like a charm. No
 wrestling, no excess slack to take up, just slip on, twist and go... >>

I have a 97 dakoat v6 and i have plenty of room to move around with a wrench
and take it off..
-Dester