Exhaust Leak/Higher RPMs?

From: GrnDak4x4@aol.com
Date: Fri May 21 1999 - 19:02:17 EDT

Quick question here........will an exhaust leak cause my truck to idle higher
than normal? Factory specs are 750 idle for a 93 V6(normally idles at about
850)and lately(within the last week) my truck has been at about 1,000. Just
curious, and would justify putting a Flowmaster on. The only exhaust 'mod' I
have done is to cut off the 90 degree bend and put on a 45, so the pipe now
exits at the corner of the rear bumper and I also have a 'hi-flo' cat. I am
going to check the welds from the cat and the 45 degree pipe and see is they
are bad/ok this weekend. Thanks.
Kyle
93 Dakota 4x4 V6