Lightning spank

From: Rekker21@aol.com
Date: Sun May 23 1999 - 14:40:04 EDT

  Got attacked by a 99 White Lightning today.
 I was coming down Gratiot and I saw a new Lightning sitin in a restaurant
parking lot. Cool. Kept going and on the way back I noticed it wasn't there
anymore. Get about a mile away and notice this truck flying up on me, swings
around my pass side and slows right down. Yup, white lightning. I dump it
into 2nd and he drops down too and we stomp it. WOW fast truck. His
supercharger was already spooled up so he had full power. Dead even until I
half way in 3rd. At about 3400 in 3rd I was barely pulling on him. There
was no point in going into 4th on Gratiot at noon on Sunday! We get caught
at the light so of course we run! He's a little excited, doing a little
brake tourqin and Im just sittin there in N revin her up a bit. Light on the
other side goes yellow and I take it up to about 2600. Lights green and out
goes the clutch. I get awesome rubber and shift a little early cause I know
he's gonna have the late gear torque so Ill need it in 2nd. Second rips for
a second and I grab and run. By the time Im in 3rd at 4000 I have a fender
on him! Im happy. Now I can sell the Dak and know I can beat the new Ford.
Very fast truck for production! I give those trucks a little respect. A lot
if it wasn't a Ford but it is, so I won't! =0)
Eric