Re: Lightning spank

From: Richard A Pyburn (rap777@juno.com)
Date: Sun May 23 1999 - 18:58:43 EDT

Very nice, Eric! Way to go.

I watched the World of Outlaws race last night. Mark Kinser won again. He
sure was praising Lee Carducci. I guess the good news is that Mopar's
been successful where they really have put the effort since Carducci got
in - World of Outlaws and NASCAR Trucks.

Congrats again on the spank. That's Daks 2, lite-ninnies 0 !

On Sun, 23 May 1999 14:40:04 EDT Rekker21@aol.com writes:
> Got attacked by a 99 White Lightning today.
> I was coming down Gratiot and I saw a new Lightning sitin in a
>restaurant
>parking lot. Cool. Kept going and on the way back I noticed it wasn't
>there
>anymore. Get about a mile away and notice this truck flying up on me,
>swings
>around my pass side and slows right down. Yup, white lightning. I
>dump it
>into 2nd and he drops down too and we stomp it. WOW fast truck. His
>
>supercharger was already spooled up so he had full power. Dead even
>until I
>half way in 3rd. At about 3400 in 3rd I was barely pulling on him.
>There
>was no point in going into 4th on Gratiot at noon on Sunday! We get
>caught
>at the light so of course we run! He's a little excited, doing a
>little
>brake tourqin and Im just sittin there in N revin her up a bit. Light
>on the
>other side goes yellow and I take it up to about 2600. Lights green
>and out
>goes the clutch. I get awesome rubber and shift a little early cause
>I know
>he's gonna have the late gear torque so Ill need it in 2nd. Second
>rips for
>a second and I grab and run. By the time Im in 3rd at 4000 I have a
>fender
>on him! Im happy. Now I can sell the Dak and know I can beat the new
>Ford.
>Very fast truck for production! I give those trucks a little respect.
> A lot
>if it wasn't a Ford but it is, so I won't! =0)
>Eric

or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]