Re: 4cyl. VS. 8cyl.

From: Elmer Hanhart (hanharte@swbell.net)
Date: Sun May 23 1999 - 16:45:18 EDT

The only thing I can think of in that situation would be an overheating
problem. Don't think just because you are in the mountains you won't
overheat (even w/ a manual tranny). While the blown 4 banger is revving
its heart out to get up a grade, the V8 goes along happily in its torque
range. I'm just not one who is fond of superchargers anyway, even on a
V8. Give me a pavement ripping V8 over a high revving 4 banger anyday.
Very good scenario though, it would handle better and be easier on the
brakes.