Re: Loping, bad gas milage and a day with a scanner :0).long!

From: Michael Clark (magnumv8@wt.net)
Date: Sun May 23 1999 - 20:43:07 EDT

Boog! My man! I had this same problem on mine. It would start fine, idle
fine for a few seconds and then get a mean ass lope (probably around 200
rpms!) then it would rev up a bit and idle normally from then on, just like
someone turned off a switch or something. It turned out to be my O2 sensor
(damn there I go talking about that sucker again...) I put my old sensor
back in and it cleared everything up.

What kind of code did your O2 sensor store? You said it was a
non-registered code? I assume that means you don't get a MIL light. When I
was having this problem I also did not get any codes doing the key
on-off-on.... thing.

Keep me posted on what you find out about this.

---Mike, near Houston.--- http://www.mikesdakota.com
                   '93 V8 4X2
Houston Area DML Meet Page
     http://www.geocities.com/motorcity/downs/9221