Re: Dancin gas guage

From: Mike Hathaway (mhathaway@conninc.com)
Date: Mon May 24 1999 - 12:40:30 EDT

My 96' Dak Sport V8. does something like this.. when I first bought the
truck, I would be driving, and if I let my gas gauge get below 1/4 a tank I
ran out of gas.. Now for some odd reason, my truck will run out of gas when
its between 1/4 and 1/2 a tank on the gauge.. This I dont get. sometimes it
will work fine, but 98% of the time, if I get below 1/2 tank I'll run out of
gas for sure. It will also move a great deal if I floor it off the line..
usually takes atleast 5 miles for the gauge to go back to where it was...
Any Idea's??? Sending unit? something? anything? what?

Thanks
Mike