Re: Siped tires (update on pros and cons)

From: Bernd D. Ratsch (bernd@texas.net)
Date: Mon May 24 1999 - 20:32:45 EDT

One of the "Technicians" at Discount Tire Co. also tried to "sucker" me into
getting my BFG All Terrains siped as well. Had to point out to him that
MOST OFFROAD TIRES are already siped. (Bonehead...)

Don't bother with it unless you're running Swampers or Mudders...even then,
not unless you really have to. This has been an ongoing (and for a long
time) debate with the offroaders. So far, no decision has been made.

Sorry to hear about the tires though. :(