1st gear whine

From: Derek Boss (bossdw@bitwisesystems.com)
Date: Tue May 25 1999 - 23:12:41 EDT

I have just gotten my 99 Dakota with the 318 and 5 spd. I have put
about 1500 miles on it. I have noticed that 1st gear and 2nd gear whine
when you get them above 2000 rpm. 2nd gear isn't as bad. 1st gear
sounds like a UPS delivery truck does.

My question is for those who have the same transmission. I personally
don't think this is normal. Those of you with more experience, if you
could give me your thoughts on the situation I would appreciate it.

Other then that I can't complain, especially after reading all the post
about poor gas mileage from the V-6s.

I'm gone.

Derek Boss
bossdw@bitwisesystems.com