Re: where to order the MPI intake

From: Jon Steiger (stei0302@cs.fredonia.edu)
Date: Wed May 26 1999 - 01:21:19 EDT

At 08:55 PM 5/24/99 , you wrote:
>In a message dated 5/24/99 1:24:37 AM Pacific Daylight Time, akm@cinenet.net
>writes:
>
><< Where's the cheapest place I can order the MPI intake from? Does it come
>with the TB adapter? Any chance in hell this thing have a CARB number?

   Not a snowball's chance. :-)

> Now that the Lightnings are trickling down to the showrooms I must equip my
>Dak for battle. I'm going the way of the laughing gas but I don't want to run
>a wet system through the stock intake. Someone mentioned a plate system made
>for a carb. Application. I think that's the hot ticket.

  That's the Nitrous Express Gemini Twin. That's the system I'm planning
to go with.

>I got my M-1 through Koller Dodge www.kollerdodge.com You can order right
>off there website. It cost $206. Heres the part number P5249816. It comes

  Yep, I also ordered mine through Koller Dodge. The price was nice, and
they got it to me in less than a week. You're sort've on your own as far
as installing it goes though. I plan on installing mine this weekend, and
I plan to document the process and do a write-up for the page. Hopefully
that will take all the surprises out of the install for everyone else.

>with the adaptor, and is drilled for injectors already. You need to make two
>spacers for the fuel rails. The instructions tell you what size they need to
>be. Now, if you want to run the plate Nitrous system, this is what you need
>to do. The adaptor has two bosses on it for the fuel rail. You need to
>machine those down the same thickness as the Nitrous plate. That way with
>the plate in place, the fuel rail will bolt up. What I have done, as I wont
>be running the plate until much later, is went ahead and machined it down for
>now, and then just put some spacers in there to take up the space. When you
>get the manifold and bolt everyhting together, you will understand what I
>mean.

  Yep, exactly my plan as well. (Except that I am going to wait to get the
adaptor machined until I actually have the nitrous plate in the clutches of
my micrometer so that I will be certain as to how much I will have to have
the adaptor machined.)

                                               -Jon-