Re: where to order the MPI intake

From: N2mopars@aol.com
Date: Mon May 24 1999 - 20:55:56 EDT

In a message dated 5/24/99 1:24:37 AM Pacific Daylight Time, akm@cinenet.net
writes:

<< Where's the cheapest place I can order the MPI intake from? Does it come
with the TB adapter? Any chance in hell this thing have a CARB number?

 Now that the Lightnings are trickling down to the showrooms I must equip my
Dak for battle. I'm going the way of the laughing gas but I don't want to run
a wet system through the stock intake. Someone mentioned a plate system made
for a carb. Application. I think that's the hot ticket.

I got my M-1 through Koller Dodge www.kollerdodge.com You can order right
off there website. It cost $206. Heres the part number P5249816. It comes
with the adaptor, and is drilled for injectors already. You need to make two
spacers for the fuel rails. The instructions tell you what size they need to
be. Now, if you want to run the plate Nitrous system, this is what you need
to do. The adaptor has two bosses on it for the fuel rail. You need to
machine those down the same thickness as the Nitrous plate. That way with
the plate in place, the fuel rail will bolt up. What I have done, as I wont
be running the plate until much later, is went ahead and machined it down for
now, and then just put some spacers in there to take up the space. When you
get the manifold and bolt everyhting together, you will understand what I
mean.

Brad