Re: Not My Day (Long)

From: Jeff Bara (jdbara@mindspring.com)
Date: Wed May 26 1999 - 11:13:33 EDT

Steven,

I don't know if you can go to court for fix-it tickets because they
carry no points, but a couple of weeks ago I took a ticket to court
because I made an illegal left turn and the cop wrote "failure to obey
posted no U-TURN signs" instead of left turn sign. Even though he cited
me for the correct statute, the judge ruled in my favor.

The way I see it is that you have nothing to lose. I'd call the court
and ask them if there is a process to fight the ticket and I'd question
the time on the ticket in front of the judge if possible. Don't question
the cop's judgement, just argue that you are NOT GUILTY because you were
not driving the truck at 5:30am. Technically, you are not guilty. A nice
judge will dismiss the ticket. If he's a dickhead, you just have to go
get the tint removed. The one catch I can see is that the officer
decides to ticket you again when you both get to the parking lot - THAT
would suck.

At least check it out before you remove the tint.

jeff

Jeff Bara
Manhattan Beach, CA