Re: MPI Manifold pics up!

From: Jon Smith (jdsmith4@yahoo.com)
Date: Wed May 26 1999 - 14:58:58 EDT

Josh, I used a screwdriver wedged into the bolts on
the front of the water pump to hold that pulley still,
whilst I cranked the 32mm nut off with a pair of
channel locks.. The 6 crank pulley bolts are 1/2in..
Don't forget to put some locktite 242 on the threads
before you reinstall.. BTW, elec. fans?? Good time
to put them on....

--- BlKV8Dkota@aol.com wrote:
> OK i got my crank pulley and I went to install it
> today and I just cant reach
> it from down below. First off there is only six
> nuts correct? What size
> socket do I need for these six little bastards?
> Second I think I am going to
> take off the fan to get to the crank? How the hell
> is this done? Could
> someone please explain to me like I am 2 years old
> how to take of the fan? I
> see about six bolts to take the fan off from the
> clutch but how do you take
> the clutch off? I saw a huge bolt but when put a
> wrench on that the water
> pump pulley just movedand nothing else. How would
> you keep that from moving
> since it is so smooth? Needless to say I need help
> real bad so could someone
> please explain this to me?
>
> Josh

===
Jon Smith -- Raleigh, NC
'95 CC SLT 4x4 318 auto (15.908@85.79)
MP comp, JBA headers, 8.5mm MSD wires, 14x3 FABM & SBBS, dual cat-back glasspacks, 180 degree thermo, spectre wire dividers, ASP underdrive crank pulley, Hayden 16" elec. fan
http://come.to/killbilly
ICQ # 9720504
IM: Fast4x4