street racing (was not my day)

From: Nate (schred1@yahoo.com)
Date: Wed May 26 1999 - 18:33:48 EDT

|or at least let us race on abandoned roads. The state

|could say" you race at your own risk and we aren't
|liable." I know that will
|never happen. But i just had to get my thoughts out.

That kinda happened a few years ago where I used to
live in Albuquerque NM. Don't know if it's still this
way now, but there was a network of roads that were
built when a new subdivision was going to be put in.
Well the subdivision never got put in and there was a
bunch of brand new roads out there all by themselves.
We used to do 1/4 miles down there every night of the
week till the wee hours of the morning and no one ever
cared. The cops did know about it but they just left
us alone. One told me once that they'd rather us do
it down there where we won't hurt anybody than on the
main streets in town, He said we'd do it somewhere no
matter what they did so they left us alone. It was
kinda nice! (Renaissance)