Fan was:Re: MPI Manifold pics up!

From: Bob H (torch@triplet.net)
Date: Wed May 26 1999 - 20:34:24 EDT

I am getting ready for this to mount a pair of electric fans. I have come
up with a solution that I feel will work the best and without damaging
anything. Go to the local hardware store and buy the plastic coated wire
usually used for weight pullies and the little clamps that go with it.
Place the wire thru one of the 4 holes and then secure it, run other around
the sway bar and secure it. Now loosen counterclockwise, should not be a
problem. Let me know if it works or I will post after I do it this weekend.

At 01:22 PM 5/26/99 EDT, you wrote:
>OK i got my crank pulley and I went to install it today and I just cant
reach
>it from down below. First off there is only six nuts correct? What size
>socket do I need for these six little bastards? Second I think I am going
>take off the fan to get to the crank? How the hell is this done? Could
>someone please explain to me like I am 2 years old how to take of the fan?
>see about six bolts to take the fan off from the clutch but how do you take
>the clutch off? I saw a huge bolt but when put a wrench on that the water
>pump pulley just movedand nothing else. How would you keep that from moving
>since it is so smooth? Needless to say I need help real bad so could
someone
>please explain this to me?
>
>Josh

Bob Hardt