Re: Re: RE: WAS: Not My Day NOW: TINT

From: Bernd D. Ratsch (bernd@texas.net)
Date: Thu May 27 1999 - 17:07:44 EDT

Ok....enough with the "Disgruntled Teenager" comments....they (the police)
DO serve and protect all of us...including you. It's not their fault they
have to follow silly government rules and regulations. Quit being a
whiner! We all have to follow rules, that's what keeps the peace.

When I was street racing (more than 10 years ago), there were two Santa
Clara Police Officers that came out every Saturday night with their "Blown"
Chevy's. And for what....they made sure that if we raced, atleast it would
be safe and not "sanctioned" by some teenage idiots trying to find anyone
to race. Was it legal...of course not. But they were human just like the
rest of us and realized that when the local government closed down the
racetrack (Baylands Raceway) something needed to be done to "keep the peace".

So.....next time some other idiot steals something from you, breaks into
your truck, or worse...injures you in any way, don't go crying to the
police if you can't respect them for what they do for us.