V8 TB (was Mancini Racing)

From: Mark Campbell (bah240sx@shelby.net)
Date: Thu May 27 1999 - 19:53:28 EDT

I received my V8 throttle body from Mancini Racing today. Wow, it looks
like there's a BIG difference in the bore size between the V6 and the V8
TBs. Has anyone transplanted a V8 TB to a V6? If so did you port it? Any
warnings about doing that? Will the stock V6 injectors be able to keep up
with the extra airflow?

When I called to order the TB, I asked about the Ram-Air intake they had
advertised. Get this, there is a 4-6 MONTH wait on these. I thought I
could deal with a K&N replacement filter for a while before I got on that
list. Maybe somebody else will have 'em sooner.

Speaking of intakes. Has anybody tried modifying the stock intake for
pseudo ram-air? I was thinking I could get some 3 1/8th" PVC and a couple
45 degree bends and re-route the airbox (filter holder) intake pipe to the
front next to the radiator. Maybe put some screening at the front of the
pipe as a pre-filter. I'm open to sugestions. :-)

Mark Campbell
1998 V6 auto