Window Tint

From: Chuck and/or Loreen (clrobbins@home.com)
Date: Thu May 27 1999 - 19:55:03 EDT

     I have been following this debate for a while and I agree with those
who say that laws should be
followed and that (especially) so many laws would not be needed if people
would act more responsibly
and heed common sense (flame suit on).
    What I really wonder about tinted windows, though, is how well you can
see out of them at night.
I don't have tinted windows just for that reason. I know that it's hard
enough to see people walking in
the road at night with factory tinted glass. Never mind when they wear dark
colors and I have a dimwit
with their high beams on coming at me.
    Being a professional firefighter/paramedic in a pop. 80,000 city, I see
my share of auto accidents.
I wonder how many of those are caused by a person not being able to fully
see through their tinted windows.
Another point is how well can a person see an emergency vehicle coming up
from behind with lights and siren
going. I know from personal experience that people don't see/hear that well
during the day, never mind at night
with tinted windows up and stereo cranked.
    Well, now that I've opened up another debate (sorry, but I needed to
bring out that point) I'll be ready
with my turn out gear for all the flames.

Chuck in Cranston, RI
'99 Intense Blue Dak Sport, RC 3.9L 5 spd
Sport Plus Group, Factory molded running boards
10" Edelbrock Elite air cleaner, 10 x 2.75 K&N air filter
180 Stant stat, V-Tech marker masks & taillight covers
DML digest mode