Flash and Towing

From: Mike Williams (williams@kode.net)
Date: Thu May 27 1999 - 22:20:07 EDT

I went to the dealer today and had the SEBC reflashed using TSB
18-36-98. There is definitely a difference. The first thing I noticed
was that I had to back off the TV cable adjustment a notch. I was
hitting the dreaded rev limiter. It definitely kicks down into passing
gear quicker. And it laid about a 4 foot black mark with only about 3/4
throttle. I also had the dealer check to see if the TSB for the plug
wire rerouting issue applied to my truck. It did and they took care of
that also. I miss the lope, but it now runs a lot smoother over 80 mph.

On the towing issue. I'm in tight with the service guys at my
dealership. In fact they are sponsoring our car show next Sunday. The
Service Manager is bring out his MOPAR F-Body that run in the 10's. I
brought up the towing issue with them and they didn't know a thing about
it. Well that same service manager is good friends with the plant
manager at Dodge Main in Warren. So while it was standing there he
called him up and asked about the Towing issue. The plant Manager at
the assembly plant were are trucks are made doesn't even know what is
going on, but he was very interested in this and said he would get to
the bottom of it. He was going to call up the Dakota engineers over at
CTC and find out exactly why this is happening. I was promised an
answer when we meet up for our show next Sunday.

I have to plug Town and Country Dodge here. There service department is
great and didn't give any kind of hassle about doing the TSB's. Most of
the techs have modified cars and didn't say a word about my open element
air cleaner. In fact I was talking to the Parts Manager about his
highly modified Neon that just took a 2nd in a big SCCA auto-cross
meet. So if anyone in the Detroit area doesn't mind traveling up to
Waterford for service. I would highly recommend them.

--
Mike Williams -- VP Mid-Michigan Mopar Enthusiasts
99 Blk R/T CC