Re: Flash and Towing

From: Rekker21@aol.com
Date: Thu May 27 1999 - 22:45:08 EDT

In a message dated 5/27/99 10:33:36 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
williams@kode.net writes:

<< The plant Manager at
 the assembly plant were are trucks are made doesn't even know what is
 going on, but he was very interested in this and said he would get to
 the bottom of it. He was going to call up the Dakota engineers over at
 CTC and find out exactly why this is happening. I was promised an
 answer when we meet up for our show next Sunday. >>
Mike,
   Im making a date with that dealership! The answer to the R/T problem is
that they lowered the truck in the rear by using flat leaf springs. Thus,
hauling or carrying a heavy load will make the truck ride on the jounce
bumpers which in turn will eventually weaken the frame in a very critical
area. This being a localized problem didn't effect their decision to produce
the R/T. Somehow, the PR department along with the advertising department
never got the correct info on the modified suspension and printed the same
ratings for all Daks. DC didn't catch that mistake until recently and that's
the story. I currently work at DC and that was the answer given to me by a
manager that I trust.
Eric