Re: Window Tint

From: Mike Crumley (mcrumley@airmail.net)
Date: Fri May 28 1999 - 12:30:17 EDT

At 06:55 PM 5/27/99 , you wrote:

> What I really wonder about tinted windows, though, is how well you can
>see out of them at night.

When I used to drive a Big Truck (that's "big rig" or 18-wheeler for you
yankees) there were no tint laws and I had my windows *real* dark--at least
limo dark, maybe darker. And I did a *lot* of night driving. I can honestly
say that I never had any problems seeing at night. Obviously, it was darker
than if I had had no tint, but I could still see just fine to drive and
maneuver in traffic and even to back the trailer up. I know there are some
on this list (I won't mention any names, Shaun :-) ) who insist it's
unsafe, but many years and several million miles of experience on my part
say it's not.

Mike Crumley 97 V6 Auto
mail to: mcrumley@airmail.net

Happy is the man who can laugh at himself,
for he will never cease to be amused.