Re: Electric fan(s) with 2 piece underdrive pullies: bad idea?

From: Jon Smith (jdsmith4@yahoo.com)
Date: Wed Jun 02 1999 - 00:28:28 EDT

I don't know about with the 2 peice setup, but I run a
crank pulley and Hayden elec. fan with no probs. thus
far.. I am contemplating adding the alt. pulley, but
I don't think it's really worth it. The majority of
power gain from the pullies seems to come from the
crank, and that along with losing the stock mechanical
fan, was plenty enough for me ( if there is such a
thing as 'plenty enough for me') :)

--- SuperNagz@aol.com wrote:
> I have a 2 piece ASP pulley set that should hit my
> house any day now...
>
> And all this talk about the good results from
> switching to electric fan(s) is
> really making me think about doing that mod too
> (good bang for your dollar
> ratio, and increase in mpg too!!)
>
> HOWEVER... would the electric fans be too much if I
> have the 2 pc underdrive
> pullies installed- crank and alternator? (I have
> the standard amp alternator)
>
> Obviously I don't want to have any problems charging

===
Jon Smith -- Raleigh, NC
'95 CC SLT 4x4 318 auto (15.908@85.79)
MP comp, JBA headers, 8.5mm MSD wires, 14x3 FABM & SBBS, dual cat-back glasspacks, 180 degree thermo, spectre wire dividers, ASP underdrive crank pulley, Hayden 16" elec. fan
http://come.to/killbilly
ICQ # 9720504
IM: Fast4x4