Re: Re: Pulleys...........

From: Jon Smith (jdsmith4@yahoo.com)
Date: Mon Jun 07 1999 - 11:52:15 EDT

GS-

We've had a couple of 90* days here, it is NO problem
at all when moving, it actually runs cooler due to the
removal of the stock shroud (note: must make a bracket
to hold overflow tank) I installed a manually
operated switch to turn the fans on whenever, and I
just flip it on as I come to a light that I know will
take a while to change... I'll just hafta wait and
see how it does when the temps punch through 100,
though I don't forsee any probs

> That mpg is impressive Jon, I'm thinking about the
> ASP
> crankpulley mod as well. I'm wondering about the
> electric
> fan mods tho. Its pretty hot here (90's). I don't
> know if
> an electric fan can keep the engine cool enough. Any
> Texas
> DML'ers with electric fans having cooling problems?
>
> GS -
>
> 98 5.2L 5spd

===
Jon Smith -- Raleigh, NC
'95 CC SLT 4x4 318 auto (15.653@89.12)
MP comp, JBA headers, 8.5mm MSD wires, 14x3 FABM & SBBS, dual cat-back glasspacks, 180 degree thermo, spectre wire dividers, ASP underdrive crank pulley, Hayden 16" elec. fan
http://come.to/killbilly
ICQ # 9720504
IM: Fast4x4