A/C question

From: JeffofSLU@aol.com
Date: Mon Jun 07 1999 - 20:27:15 EDT

O.K., here's the story. Last night my A/C was working great, just as cold as
always. This morning I wake up and the A/C clutch isn't engaging which means
I sweat all the way to work. The A/C clutch has a relay instead of a fuse.
Is there any way to check the thing? I'm really hoping this is the problem.
The only other cause I can think of is that in the 8 or so hours between when
it worked and when it didn't the bloody thing developed a leak bad enough to
cause the low pressure switch to prevent the clutch from engaging. Ideas,
advice anyone? Thanks in advance.

Jeff