Re: sensor in radiator hose? (can you guys with electric fans help?)

From: Dester243@aol.com
Date: Mon Jun 07 1999 - 20:33:22 EDT

OH!!! i can help. I installed a 16" electrical fan on my 97 v6 and installed
the "optional" 14 dollar thermostat and installed the probe into the upper
radiator hose. All i did was let it all cool down, removed the clamp that
held the hose to the plastic piece and stuck the thermometer in. It leaked
it crazy. That's why i bought some gasket sealer "blue stuff" or something
like that and spread it all around the plastic piece and slipped the hose
back on again. I then went all around the hose with the sealant and no leaks
to date
-Dester