Re: Back panel removal (seat belt screw)

From: Jason Yates (j_hurricane_y@yahoo.com)
Date: Tue Jun 08 1999 - 17:56:07 EDT

--- Bob Nichols <bnich@bellatlantic.net> wrote:

> Ben Vaughan wrote:
>
> > I just got all my speakers and stuff from Crutchfield
> and they say I need a
> > T-47 Torx bit to remove the seat belt screw...But no
> one makes T-47!!! <snip> How did you all get the seat
belt off?!?
> HELP!!
> >
> > Ben Vaughan
> > <snip>
> Ben, I couldn't find one either, I used the good ole vise
> grip. Bob

<snip>

I had a much better method. I have a full set of allen
wrenches (yeah, the hex ones) and I just grabbed the
largest metric one I had (I think 10mm, but don't quote me)
and it fit perfectly tight in the 'hex-hole' that is formed
by the 'inward points.' Understand what I'm saying? Good
luck.

JY