Re: MPG

From: mrdancer (mrdancer@camalott.com)
Date: Tue Jun 08 1999 - 20:49:01 EDT

I had this problem too. Went to Colorado (from Abilene) last year and I
seemed to get a lot better mileage in NM and CO - consistently over 20mpg
averaging 70-75mph. In theory, higher altitude would get you less power
and, thus, less mpg, so I don't know what the explanation is. Maybe the
computer adjusts for altitude? Maybe the highways in NM and CO are made of
a harder asphalt (less rolling resistance)?? Maybe those states have a
better formulation of gasoline??? I don't know!!! Anybody??

'92 Dak CC 2wd 318 3.55
'84 GoldWing Interstate

Angela Chavez wrote...