5-Star Dealer Service (read/respond)

From: Carl (carlm@uswest.net)
Date: Wed Jun 09 1999 - 00:41:34 EDT

To all

Today 06/07/99 I took my 1999R/T CC Black (770mi) to the dealer (5-Star)
here in Phoenix, AZ to have a couple of warranty items
serviced. Namely, truck pulls to right, and wheel shimmy @ 55-70mph.

I informed the service writer that I was aware of a TSB #02-11-98
for the alignment specs on the R/T. She was so-so on the fact
that I gave her the TSB#.

They aligned front end
(caster & camber low on right front & toe out of spec).

Load force balance tires
(one failed - new tire on order).

This tire thing surprises me as I thought tires were NOT
covered by DC, but rather by the manufacturer, in my case Goodyear.
Any thoughts?

When I dropped off my truck, it was spotlessly clean from one end to the
other.
When I picked it up, there were greasy hand and finger prints
all over my truck. On the hood, fenders, doors, bed,
and the inside of the drivers side door. This really pissed me off
but as I was in a hurry to make a meeting, I left without
voicing my opinion. I WILL however mention it when I take it
back to get the tire replaced!

I am asking for the opinion of fellow owners/readers on the list.

Do you think it's asking too much for any dealer to take the time
to clean off any dirt/grease left on your vehicle when they service it?

Especially when it costs you in excess of 22K. I'm sure the mechanics
who worked on it probably don't care and therefore don't
give a damn if they get some grease on your car.
Or they are just plain too busy with other repairs to take the time
to wipe it off.

If you want to, you can reply via my email or here to the list.
When I get the survey form in the mail, I will not forget to
mention that the so-called 5-Star dealer left my truck a dirty mess.

BTW - I had to have my wife's 1998 Voyager towed to the nearest dealer
due to a non-start problem. It turned out to be the battery and
it was under warranty. The dealer was NOT a 5-Star dealer and they
took the time to wash my van, and it looked great when I picked it up.

So much for your 5-Star dealers.

Carl Montney
1999 Dakota R/T Black CC
1998 Plymouth Grand Voyager