reply: which tires?

From: mrdancer (mrdancer@camalott.com)
Date: Wed Jun 09 1999 - 07:50:34 EDT

Because I can!!! Actually, it's kinda tough to find a wide tire I like that
will maintain my overall tire diameter. Plus, a shorter sidewall will give
me better handling response, and, hopefully, better traction since I will be
increasing the overall gearing (shorter gearing). I'll mostly be using
these tires around town - for long distance trips (where tall gears help
mileage) I'll be putting my stock wheels/tires back on. Main things I'm
looking for are traction (off-the-line) and handling response.

BTW, as far as incorrect speedo gearing, etc., I'm currently working on a
cheap & easy fix for that. It involves using a bicycle computer (<$30).
All you do is dial in the circumference of whatever tire you're running and
you instantly have a super-accurate speedometer/odometer/tripmeter/max.
speed indicator/avg. speed indicator, etc. Sounds silly, but it works!!
I'll do a write-up on it once it's installed (sometime this week or next).

'92 Dak CC 2wd 318 3.55
'84 GoldWing Interstate